Huawei have today launched their latest device and the first in the new Mate range due before the end of the year.
The Mate 20 Lite features an impressive set of specs for the £379 price tag that will interest many.
With a large 6.3 inch 1080p resolution fullview display, a total of 4 cameras to capture any moment using the amazing AI technology and a huge 3750mAh battery, the Mate 20 Lite packs all the specs you would need.
Carphone Warehouse have the phone in stock starting from just £23 a month which is amazing value.
HUAWEI MATE 20 LITE NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY IN THE UK
LONDON – September 5, 2018 – Huawei, the world’s second largest smartphone manufacturer, today announced that thefirst device to be launched from the much-anticipated Mate 20 Series, the Mate 20 lite, is now available to buy in the UK.
Equipped with four AI cameras, including enhanced front cameras with an AI selfie experience for impressive photos with high clarity, the Mate 20 lite combines AI technology with high-performance hardware, powerful battery life and a stylish design at an affordable price point, making it the perfect device for work and play.
The Mate 20 lite is available to purchase from RRP £379 at Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone from today, with EE to follow from October. The device will be available in two striking colours; Black and Sapphire Blue.
Anson Zhang, UK Managing Director, Huawei Consumer Business Group commented: “At Huawei, we are committed to launching devices that disrupt the status quo. Combining pioneering AI innovation, cutting edge power and performance, all at an affordable price point, the Mate 20 lite signifies our global leadership in the smartphone category and we look forward to launching the device here in the UK.
Key features of the Mate 20 lite include:
Armed with a new Kirin 710 SoC and 4GB of RAM, the Mate 20 lite delivers next-gen AI innovation, resulting in a dramatically improved performance, battery life and photography experience that is central to the device.
- AI Shopping Assistant – When users see something they want to purchase while browsing the web, they simply long-press the image with two fingers, and the AI will identify the item and share a link to where users can buy it on Amazon. Alternatively, users can snap a photo of the item whilst out and about and the AI will bring up the prices online.
- Enhanced Communication – Ensures a smooth call experience with AI noise cancellation. This integrated function nullifies noisy backgrounds, transforming all calls to high quality conversations. If users lose cellular reception, the Mate 20 lite will put the call on hold instead of dropping it and reconnect once connectivity resumes.
- Curated Albums – Thanks to AI advancements, the days of manually managing photos are over. The Mate 20 lite comes with an AI Smart Gallery, which uses smart algorithms to automatically sort photos into albums.
- AI Game Suite – AI optimises gaming performance thanks to dynamic resource allocation, providing smoother switching between 4G and WiFi for the best gaming experience while a smart alert system manages your distractions allowing you to answer calls and game at the same time without breaking your flow.
- 360 Degree Face Unlock – Unlock your phone at any angle thanks to the Mate 20 lite’s simple, fast and intuitive face unlock feature.
Photography Features – Front Cameras:
- AI-Powered System – Enhanced 24MP RGB + 2MP Depth front cameras recognise more than 200 different scenarios across eight categories – Blue Sky, Beach, Plant, Night, Stage, Flower, Room and Snow – optimising photos scene-by-scene for flawless shots every time.
- HDR Pro Support – The front cameras support real-time HDR preview and video recording, producing outstanding clarity with rich, vibrant colours, even in dark environments or on back-lit subjects. The HDR Pro also uses RAW image data to greatly improve the quality of the final output, as well as the speed of the process.
- 3D Portrait Lighting – The five professional lighting effects (including soft lighting, butterfly lighting and stage lighting), combined with Huawei’s 3D facial modelling, can precisely recognise the five facial zones of a subject and identify which areas need to be enhanced.
- 3D Qmoji – This fun feature leverages the dual front camera to generate a personalised 3D Qmoji (in GIF or video formats), perfect for animating and expressing yourself to share with friends on social media.
Photography Features – Rear Cameras:
- Intelligent Shooting Experience – The on-device, AI-powered system has studied more than 100 million images to be able to recognise over 500 scenarios in 22 categories including Portrait, Blue Sky, Snow, Ancient Building, Fireworks, Plant, Cat, Dog, Text, Food, Car and Night. The AI automatically identifies different scenes and adjusts the camera settings accordingly, providing users with the best possible results using the 20MP RGB + 2MP depth enhanced rear cameras.
- Smart Composition – This feature helps beginner photographers properly frame their shots before pressing the shutter button. With practice, users will be able to pick up basic composition techniques with help from the Mate 20 lite.
- AI-Enhanced Bokeh – The majority of dual-camera smartphones already on the market have difficulty differentiating the subject from the background, so the resulting background blur effects are improperly rendered. To address this pain point, the Mate 20 lite leverages a dedicated depth camera and specialised AI algorithms to accurately trace the outlines of subjects, creating natural portraits with authentic bokeh.
- Super Slow Motion – In slow motion mode, users can capture a snippet of action at 480fps, and then play it back 16 times slower.
Ultimate Viewing Experience:
- Featuring a 6.3-inch 19.5:9 FHD+ (2340×1080) HUAWEI FullView display, the Mate 20 lite boasts a notched design, providing a great field of view for the ultimate mobile entertainment experience.