The UK network EE has today announced a new range of price plans which let customers switch between a range of benefits when it suits them.
Going under the title ‘Smart Plan’, these new plans let customers pick between additional roaming locations, a video pass, a music pass, or BT Sports, meaning everyone can have a plan that suits them personally.
Anyone picking the Music pass can stream as much as they like from Deezer, Apple Music or Tidal Music without using up and of their data allowances which is great news for music lovers.
The Video pass works the same way but for video content, and this includes content from Netflix, TV Player, Amazon Prime Video, MTV Trax & BT Sport, and as video uses a lot of data, this will be a great benefit to many.
The BT Sport pass gives you access to loads of sports coverage including the subscription needed, and with even more Premiership football being added this year, this is great to follow your team, and watch the Champions League final shortly.
If you pick the additional countries for roaming then you not only get the free roaming locations everyone else gets, you also get to use in USA, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand which is great if you do a lot of traveling.
There is much more information below in the press release sent out this morning.
EE LAUNCHES UK’S FIRST MOBILE PLANS WITH SWAPPABLE BENEFITS AND LIFETIME SMARTPHONE WARRANTY
- EE launches Smart Plans, the UK’s most personal mobile plans that include a customer handset lifetime guaranteeandannual device and account MOT
- Smart Plans come with access to a range of exciting Swappable Benefits including Video and Music data passes, extended roaming and BT Sport which customers can swap as they choose
- All Smart Plan customers can Upgrade Anytime to the latest smartphone models without having to wait until the end of their contract – making EE the number one destination for smartphone customers
1st May 2019, London: Today, EE launched new Smart Plans designed to offer pay monthly customers the most flexible and personal mobile price plans in the UK, and ensure they get the best smartphone experience throughout their contract with new warranty and upgrade options and a device MOT.
EE Smart Plans
EE’s new Smart Plans offer customers the best value and more flexibility. Available with data allowances up to 100GB per month, Smart Plans feature access to the UK’s fastest 4G speeds and unlimited UK calls and texts.
The new Smart Plans also offer a UK first: Swappable Benefits. Customers can choose the benefit that best suits them at the start of their plan and then swap it for any of the other available benefits as their needs change. All Smart Plan customers get access to at least one Swappable Benefit and customers can also choose to purchase any of the benefits as an extra monthly addition should they so wish. Swapping benefits is easy: customers can switch online or via the My EE app.
The new Swappable Benefits from launch include:
- EE Music Data Pass –An entirely new music centric data pass which ensures that customers can stream as much music as they want and their mobile data isn’t impacted when they’re streaming Apple Music, Deezer and Tidal
- EE Video Data Pass – This benefit allows customers to stream and download their favourite shows to their hearts’ content without impacting their data allowance when they’re watching Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BT Sport, TV Player and MTV Play
- BT Sport App – Customers will have access to amazing on-demand and live sport such as the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Gallagher Premiership Rugby, UFC and more
- Roam Further Pass – This gives customers access to their UK plan allowances in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand
On a new EE Smart plan, customers can now get the iPhone 8 for just £10 on a £59 per month, 24-month plan which offers unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 10GB of data. With Upgrade Anytime included on all Smart Plans, more customers than ever before can upgrade their handsets when they want and switch to the latest smartphone models without having to wait until the end of their contract.
EE Essential Plans
EE is also launching upgraded Essential Plans – providing our greatest ever value plans. Customers get access to the UK’s fastest 4G network, a new smartphone, plus 4G data allowances starting from 500MB, which you can use across the UK and EU, unlimited UK minutes and texts.
On the new EE Essential plan, customers can now get the Xperia 10 handset with no upfront cost for just £23 per month, on a 24-month plan which offers unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 500MB of data.
EE Service Packs For those on Smart Plans and Essential Plans bought directly from EE, customers can also benefit from brand new EE Service Packs at no extra charge, which helps keep customers’ smartphones in tip-top condition through several benefits, including:
- EE lifetime guarantee: Only with EE Service Packs will a customer’s device be covered against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of their new contract, until they upgrade or leave, providing extended warranty protection, and repairs using authorised experts – all at no extra cost.
- Annual device and account MOT: Available to handset and Smart SIM customers, it ensures that their device is still at its best midway through their contract. Customers will be able to book an appointment at their local store and we’ll give their device a thorough check up, polish and clean, as well as check for any apps or software that could help them make the most of their phone. An EE expert will also spend time reviewing the customer’s account(s) to make sure they are getting the best value. Customers will be provided with a full service report, just like with a real car MOT.
- £10 off protective kit: Also available to handset and select SIM only customers, they can keep their device at its best with £10 to spend on EE’s premium range of cases and screen protectors keeping their phones protected from life’s bumps and scrapes.
Edward Goff, Marketing Director at EE, said: “Our new plans offer customers a more personal, flexible smartphone experience. Only on EESmart Plans can customers now receive an extended smartphone warranty, as well as an annual account and device MOT, with the option to upgrade to the latest smartphone whenever they want. EE Smart Plan customers also get to choose the benefits they receive as and when theywant them, so they can take out the Video Data Pass when they fancy a boxset binge and simply swap it out for the Roam Further Pass if they’re off to the US on holiday. EE Smart Plans offer the best 4G experience for our customers and will be the foundation for our 5G plans which we’ll launch this summer. “
New and existing EE pay monthly customers can also benefit from six months’ free Amazon Prime Video, MTV Play and Apple Music subscriptions as well as three months’ free BT Sport.
For more information EE’s refreshed plans, please visit ee.co.uk/paymonthlyE