EE today unveiled the addition of a new Netflix Smart benefit for its Smart handset and Smart SIM plans, as well as a new and exclusive Full Works plan for Android devices.
Available from today across EE.co.uk, EE telesales and EE shops, the launch forms part of EE’s ambition to offer customers unrivalled choice with the best content on the smartest devices.
Netflix Smart Benefit for Android
EE has partnered with Netflix to offer EE Smart Plan customers the option to choose Netflix as an inclusive Smart benefit for the first time.
EE continues to see an increase in mobile network data traffic as a result of customers accessing video on the move. The equivalent of an additional 1.3 million hours of HD video streaming took place on the network in July compared to May as restrictions started to ease.
This comes as 1 in 5 smartphone* users across the UK reveal they plan to access more video content on their smartphone with lockdown lifted.
The new Smart benefit will offer access to award-winning Netflix series, movies, and documentaries on demand on the world’s largest subscription streaming service. So, whether customers want to catch up on The Crown, Sex Education or Lupin, they’ll never be short of entertainment – or places to watch it, thanks to EE’s award-winning network.
Customers who pick Netflix as their Smart benefit receive the Netflix Basic plan worth £5.99 per month which they can watch on their smartphone as well as their Smart TV.Additionally, customers can pay just £4 more a month to upgrade to the Netflix Standard plan, offering streaming and downloading to two devices simultaneously in HD, or they can choose to pay £8 a month and upgrade to Netflix Premium plan with access to UHD content and the ability to stream and download to 4 devices simultaneously – all on their mobile bill.
Customers who already have a Netflix account can keep it and as part of the seamless set up experience any payments they are making to Netflix will stop. If a customer chooses a standard or premium Netflix plan the top up fees will simply be added to their EE bill.
Full Works Plan for Android Devices
Following the success of the Full Works for iPhone plans last year, EE will also be bringing Full Works to Android customers this summer. Customers purchasing a selected range of Android devices will be able to choose three Smart benefits simultaneously as part of their Full Works plan. For example, customers could opt for Netflix, Apple Music and BT Sport Ultimate app access with a combined value of over £25 per month.
In addition to this, customers will get uncapped and unlimited high-speed mobile data, and the option to upgrade to a new phone anytime they want – all on the UK’s best network. A full list of Smart benefits is below:
- Netflix – Watch award-winning TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without adverts
- Apple Music – Enjoy an incredible catalogue of 60 million songs to stream or download for offline listening, all completely ad-free. Subscribers can create their own playlists or discover new ones curated by Apple Music combined with their entire personal library, and share music with their friends
- BT Sport Ultimate – Watch amazing live and on demand sport on the BT Sport app with inclusive BT Sport Ultimate, including Premier League, Champions League, WWE, UFC, Rugby and more
- Roam Abroad Pass – Use your call text and data allowance abroad in USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand and from January 2022 in 47 European destinations
Sharon Meadows, Director of Propositions, EE said: “We’re constantly looking for ways to offer our customers the best experience when using our award-winning network and as part of this we look to partner with the most innovative companies in the world. By joining forces with Netflix, customers will now be able to access a wealth of high quality video content in more places than any other network. We’re also extending our Full Works plan, so customers with Android smartphones can experience the very best of what EE has to offer in one convenient mobile package.”
All EE Full Works, Smart and Essential pay monthly mobile customers will also be able to enjoy a range of benefits including super-fast delivery and set-up, and professional in-store repairs. Customers can also move any spare data from their plan around their family’s devices in just a few clicks. If your family’s already on EE it’s easy to add them to your account, and if they’re not, it’s easy to switch them over.
Full Works and Smart plan customers will also benefit from EE Service Pack, helping them to keep their smartphone in tip-top condition for no extra cost. EE Service Pack provides:
· £10 towards one of our premium cases or screen protectors to keep their device protected
· An annual device and EE mobile account MOT
· An extended device warranty for the lifetime of the customer’s contract