O2 have become the latest network in the UK to launch unlimited data plans in time for their 5G switch on next month in a few key locations.
Going under the tag ‘Limitless data’ O2 join Vodafone, EE and Three to give customers as much data as they need without having to worry about going over the limit and running up a bill.
Customers can sign up for SIM only plans starting from £33 a month over 18 months, and prices are also available with the entire range of Custom Plan packages the company offer.
One thing worth pointing out though is hidden away in the terms and conditions, there is a fair use of 650GB a month, this is a huge amount for customers but stil falls short of the 1TB fair use on Three and EE, and much smaller than 3TB on Vodafone,
Anyone wanting to join can do so in store, on the phone or online from today, including if you want to order the new iPhone 11 range.
O2 goes Limitless
- O2 today unveils its Unlimited Data Consumer plans
- With tariffs from £33 per month, customers can enjoy carefree data usage on Britain’s best network for coverage1
- New research shows running out of data ranks in the top 10 of consumer bugbears
There’s no limit to what you can do on O2 following the announcement today that Britain’s best network for coverage1 has launched Unlimited Data plans on its revolutionary Custom Plans and SIM-only contracts.
O2’s Unlimited Data plans will start from just £33 per month for an 18 month SIM-only plan. O2 customers will be able to choose from the latest smartphones and range of 5G ready devices when they select a ‘Limitless’ plan on their terms.
Customers excited about the possibilities of 5G will not have to wait long, with O2 launching its 5th Generation network in October with an unlimited handset tariff option for customers hungry for super-fast data.
The launch coincides with new research2 released by O2 which found that running out of mobile data ranked in the top 10 of “life’s inconveniences” amongst consumers today.
O2’s Unlimited Data Plans
- O2 will launch on selected handsets and SIM-only
- SIM-only pricing starts at £33 per month for 18 month contracts
- Available on the latest smartphones and range of 5G ready devices including the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G and Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
- Unlimited data is also available as part of the Family Plan, including the O2 Family discount as well as O2 Open and O2 Students plans
- For more information on O2’s new Unlimited Data plans, including pricing and available handsets, visit https://www.o2.co.uk/unlimited-tariffs
Nina Bibby, Chief Marketing Officer, O2, said: “We’re excited to be unveiling our Unlimited Data plans today. Now there’s no limit to what you can do on O2. As the customer champion, O2’s mobile plans have always been designed to put customers in control, and with the option of unlimited data on our award winning network, we are now providing our customers with the ultimate choice.”
Customers on O2’s Custom Plans who want to upgrade early from another handset need only pay off the remaining balance of their device plan to stay bang-up-to-date. And by recycling an old device through O2 Recycle, customers can receive a cash payment which can be used toward their upgrade. Customers who want to keep their phone after their device plan comes to an end will only pay for their monthly airtime plan from that point. From 4th October customers on an O2 Custom Plan can also flex up to Unlimited Data plans. Terms and conditions apply, visit o2.co.uk/terms for full details.