EE have announced customers will be able to pre-order the new iPad Pro, featuring the breakthrough M1 chip and 5G from EE, beginning on 30th April.
Customers will also be able to pre-order iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini with 5G in purple from 23rd April, with availability on 30th April. Complete pricing and availability details will be made available on ee.co.uk in due course.
EE also announced today an update to their 5G rollout including news on recently announced 5G locations as well as data usage on tablets which has been on the up and up as more people use mobile devices during lockdown to work from home.
- EE recently switched on 5G in 35 new towns and cities, bringing total place count to 160
- In the last 6 months, mobile traffic on tablet devices on EE’s mobile network has more than tripled (Oct ‘20 vs Mar ‘21)
- Streaming apps and services are the most popular apps for tablet users on EE’s mobile network to date, customers taking advantage of larger screens to stream high-resolution content over 4G and 5G:
- Disney Plus
- EE’s 5G availability is higher than all other networks in the UK’s four capital cities – Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London. In London, availability on EE is more than double that of the second placed operator
- EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK’s best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®
- Appetite for 5G technology continues to soar, with EE set to hit the one million active 5G users this month (April)